|Conference Track 1||Conference Track 2||Side Events|
|TRENDING TECHS OUTLOOKS
From Satellite to Network-Based Geo IoT Innovation
|MOBILE PROXIMITY & BEACONS
Key trends & new IoT Enablers
|EXHIBITION & DEMOS
Data Modelling & Mapping
|MOBILE PROXIMITY & BEACONS
Marketing & Retail use cases
When Big Data Meets IoT
Building, Deploying & Using: Lessons Learned
Achieving the full potential of GeoData
|ILA- OGC – ILOCATE GLOBAL STATEMENT|
|GEO IOT WORLD AWARDS CEREMONY|
– Results of the latest GSA’s GNSS User Technology Report
– Overview of GNSS technology trends in wider context of location
technologies and IoT
– Options to reduce the cost of ownership for high precision GNSS solutions.
– How the new GNSS signals in operation will affect the high precision GNSS receiver design.
– The importance of GNSS correction services in the deployment of autonomous vehicle applications.
– Future changes within the industry required to enable mass market high precision GNSS solutions
– The unique challenges of low power devices location in all environments
– Different use-cases, carriage technologies and device specs
– Benefits to manufacturers, developers and end users
– Choose the right solution
– Importance of geolocation in LPWAN
– Expectations and technical capabilities of LPWAN
– Is 10 meter accuracy needed for all use cases?
– The power of hybrid solutions
– Proximity data transforming data-driven industries, from retail and marketing, to AI.
– Beacons and the proximity market status
– Newest developments in proximity technology
– 80 % of our time is spent Indoor: how to optimize the environment?
– Why the “Where” makes the difference in the IoT app?
– Workplace Management use cases
– High accurate location for standard WiFi clients
– How to deploy a wireless network for location based services
– A Cloud managed BLE Beacon infrastructure for wayfinding and proximity messaging
– The market is struggling with compatibility issues
– Ultrasounds are universal for end user smartphones because hardware agnostic
– Ultrasounds are more accurate because they do not cross walls
– Hybrid solutions can be built to get the best out of all technologies
– Indoor space differs from outdoor space for several reasons.
– The properties and implication of indoor space from spatial data modelling perspective.
– More particularly, we discuss the concept of cellular space model and OGC IndoorGML, an OGC standard for indoor spatial information, which provides a
basis of indoor spatial data model
– Challenges for Indoor Navigation: Accuracy, Efficiency…
– indoo.rs real-life Indoor Navigation projects
– indoo.rs SLAM revolution: Automation and scalability
– Industry outlook
– Real time visualization on a touch screen of 3D mapping and tracking and localization
– Innovative use of real time automatic localization and mapping applied in deep underground mines
– Multiresolution automatic alignment between slam/tripod scan/handheld scanners point clouds
– Where is the value?
– Challenges facing In-door location and positioning
– Positioning of the various technologies at stake
– Technology Innovation is not enough: The need for business model innovation
– yooBee Served: Indoor positioning for enhanced shopping experience
– Shopping assistance by sales persons in the proper order, wherever you are in the store
– Sales Persons locate customers via smartphone app
– Indoor positioning used for improved sales performance and optimized store layout
Panellists include Jonathan Howell, Mobile Engagement, Analytics and Location Based Services Lead EMEA at HPE Aruba; Bruce Krulwich, Analyst and CEO, Grizzly Analytics; Zori Tomova, Product Manager, Onyx Beacon
– Creating a VR-enhanced Indoor Spaces guide for people and IoT
– How VR-enhanced Indoor positioning and navigation empowers Indoor Location and IoT applications with new 3D photorealism.
– New opportunities for more engaging and interactive IoT applications
– Demo of new Software-as-a-Service platform for 3D VR-enhanced geolocation and IoT applications
– Computer Vision can precisely locate a device inside a room
– Using a camera as its main sensor, it can work on a standard Android or Linux device
– Applications: autonomous drone, robots navigation inside a building
– Shoppers’ receptiveness to location bases services
– Indoor positioning system that combines VLC, BTLE and INERTIAL SENSORS to provide the most accurate, yet versatile indoor location solution for retailers
– Latest use-cases for this technology from different segments (grocery, malls, offices all over the world)
– How Philips opens up this technology to other lighting companies under the YellowDot program
– Accurate ultra-wideband positioning in challenging non-line-of-sight environments
– Sensor fusion and machine learning to solve this challenging problem
– Showing use cases of ultra-wideband positioning.
– First miniature self-contained BLE – UWB module combining the advantages of both technologies
– Design of Miniature co-located antennas for 2 RF systems in extremely confined volume
– Integration of UWB and BLE embedded application on the same processor
– Key use cases of Big Data for Location Intelligence: data flow acceleration, spatial data lake and location analytics
– Big data frameworks to store, process and manage these data.
– Looking at expected business needs from investing in these frameworks and the use cases that yield the best results
– How Geo-IoT is a product of Big Data Applications enabled by Geo-location
– How Big Data can improve Geo-location performance
– How Geo-location can enable new applications for Big Data related technologies
– New potential applications
– Location Intelligence to connect the Online World and the Physical World
– Leveraging personalized location aware marketing to enhance customer engagement and increase sales
– Unlocking the $ Trillion dollar marketing attribution challenge with Location Intelligence
– Solving real world problems such as tracking high value assets and managing deployed beacons
– Connected devices and sensors management for more efficiencies
– From traffic sensors to storm drains, information from real-time sensors can mitigate congestion and natural disasters
– Use cases from municipalities benefiting from geospatially-enabled IoT to make their environs “smarter.”
– Is Sensor Fusion “Best practice” in indoor positioning?
– How to bring potential customers to and beyond the Proof-of-Concept stage?
– Tag based use cases first, smartphones later!
– Lessons learned from real deployments (from 500 m2 to 10,000 m2)
– National database of public wifi and APs and Bluetooth beacons: FCC mandate, formation of the consortium, first editions of the standard
– Why we expect venues to adopt (insurance rate implications)
– Technical issues around standards for ephemeral IDs
– Implications for the builders of hardware, software, services, apps and the public
– The “third wave of globalization”: How do we make sense of the enormous amounts of location data produced every day? And how does location underpin it all?
– The evolution of the map as a “Living Index” of the world
– The case for an open, collaborative ecosystem and platform infrastructure to ignite innovation
– Making IoT sensor data interoperable using OGC standards and open data formats
– Lora sensors and network pilots results
– Addressing end users through the right channel (OGC standards, Rest API, Web dashboards…)
– Addressing New ICT trends
– Fueling the data economy
– Enabling environmental transparency
– Empowering citizen with data and information
Announcement of the Geo IoT World Awards in four categories –GNSS-powered IoT solutions, Indoor Location & Proximity Services, Location Intelligence and IoT Networks — followed by a cocktail.
– Combining localization technology and IoT to create value and harness synergies
– Convey why Geo IoT facilitates new services and solutions in many different industries
– Theory is no use without practice: Our lessons learned
– First effective indoor – RTLS solution based only on Beacons and mobile, no gateway required
– Automatic inventory positioning in real-time, without manual scanning, working both indoor and outdoor
– Instant overview of entire inventory and easier search for assets via mobile, accuracy of 3-5 meters, in warehouses, maintenance, production facilities
– Portable device with dual UWB antenna.
– Patent pending fast two ways ranging algorithm that guarantees fast location.
– Portable system with quick and easy setup.
– Synchronisation algorithm that adapt dynamically to the topology of the reference anchors
– UWB single chips brought RTLS cost to a tipping point for vast adoption
– More savings achieved by reducing the density of location networks
– Key factors include: modulation range, multipath mitigation, sensor fusion and topology
– How topology can drastically reduce network density when properly addressed
– Focus on fresh technology UWB, which drives the RTLS market with precise indoor positioning
– Implementation of UWB RTLS in Automotive manufacturing facility, Retail and Sport
– The journey from UWB chip to final indoor positioning solution
– Case study: geolocation and other parameters tracking at every step of the production-logistics process, from the producer to the final destination
– Assuring the quality during the transport from producer and the storage of products using NFC and RF technology
– Fleet tracking management: a possible evolution of the already implemented infrastructure
– The challenge of Moving Things in the IoT
– The “Third Arena” – combined indoor and outdoor positioning.
– New positioning technology to address the Third Arena
– Customer cases to prove the value argument
– Tracking applications potential at its peak thanks to 3GPP’s Release 13 connectivity
– NB-IOT and CATM unlock new use cases thanks to longer battery life, lower costs and a reliable network
– Synergies between LTE and GNSS technologies increase the gain
– Presentation of use cases that benefit the most from the new technologies
– Tracking challenges: different complex layers, a seamless transition outdoor/indoor/outdoor does not currently exist, no standardized solutions exist
– Transforming current Tracking solutions by adding the two dimensions of location intelligence (outdoor/indoor & /online/offline)
– Enabling the expansion of tracking to new platforms and new use-cases by making tracking a cheap commodity that works on any device
– How organisations can leverage sensor based solutions to enhance visibility and rapid location information for high value assets
– How sensor based tracking solutions can really add value to an organisation even in the most challenging environments
– Case study: Location based vehicle management solution for the logistic operations of AW Rostamani
– Combination of low power communication and LPWAN for localization
– Focus on power consumption
– Benefits of the integration into a single antenna device
– Ambient sensor to prevent falls in professional care institutions
– Detect a fall wherever it happens and alert the caregivers without any delay
– Applications include long-time monitoring for detecting behaviour out of the common run, detailed gait analysis.
– Coupled to the UNCAP project highly integrated environment
– Benefit of indoor positioning in hospital applications
– The appropriate technology mix
– The requirements to enable mass markets
– Future prospects of IoT in healthcare industry
– e-Health solution for the elderly consisting of a mobile app and a HTML5-based web client
– Focus on the data pipeline: extensible sensor data acquisition, data format considerations, synchronization protocol, data storage and display of the collected data
– Presentation of the Bioassist platform, capable of providing homecare services related to assistive living offering functionalities such as state-of-the-art communication, medication adherence monitoring, daily support and supervision and Emergency management.
– Interoperability issues and integration with the UNCAP platform will also be presented.
– Developing relevant business and service delivery models to take eCare technologies to international markets
– How to achieve market attention, market and investor’s readiness, market entries and market expansion and scalability
– Relevant standardization and certification needs will be addressed
– Analysis of the correlation of acceleration data received from sensors of mobile devices and road quality
– The concepts of the “OpenRoadQuality” database and platform
– The first mobile applications built on the new Map and Navigation SDK
– Volunteer Geographic Information (VGI) benefits for citizen science projects.
– Copying with the VGI defects by a semantic annotation approach using domain ontologies when creating VGI, coupled with a user driven quality filtering.
– VGI is interesting to users when they are made aware of VGI defects
– VGI creation in the agricultural domain
– Unifly’s innovative drone management platform to safely plan and fly UAVs in today’s commercial airspace.
– Sharing real-time position of a drone into the aviation system
– Transforming a real business need into an operational cloud-based software platform for UTM in just eight months’ time
– User Experiences Design process for building location context aware User Interface
– Lessons of BLE Beacons for indoor location tracking
– Real-time personnel and productivity management case: Bloodhound (Security and Cleaning industry)
– Building high quality location based app for iOS and Android fulfilling demands in accuracy, reliability and power consumption at the same time
– Specifics in location determination and location APIs on iOS and Android.
– Common Location and Geofencing SDKs including test results
– Visual analytics, the science of analytical reasoning facilitated by interactive visual interfaces, can be a key enabler to gain knowledge from two billion smart phones and many more GPS sensors
– Turning any user into a powerful analyst with the right data architecture, analysis tools and visualization capabilities
– How visual analytics can drive location intelligence for safer and smarter cities in the age of the IoT
– Location aware solutions are key for multiple smart and public safety applications in cities but require significant initial investment and clear monetization strategies
– Successful projects in Public Transportation, Public Safety and Mass Entertainment : Results of projects engaging several millions of people
– Latest developments in positioning platforms enable multiple cases with positive ROI for cities
– Why is geolocation becoming a key feature in the deployment of IOT infrastructures in smart
buildings or smart factories ?
– What specific challenges are involved in the design of such IOT based geolocation infrastructures ?
– Description of WYRES LoRa based geolocation technology