How do the latest commercial precision location technologies perform in real life? The LOCATION TESTBED will gather leading vendors for an exclusive industrial evaluation of their location solutions.
► For the attendees, an opportunity to try first hand location technologies through multiple demonstrations,
► For the testbed participants, a great opportunity to showcase their location technology and to benefit from visibility and marketing impact. The testbed also serves as the founding stone of a market report.
Under the leadership of a market expert in location matters, the testbed will assess thoroughly the solution with metrics such as real-time location accuracy, location accuracy after stabilization, time to stabilization, accuracy consistency, set-up time, numbers of beacons or locators deployed, and more.
Full details on the 2017 testbed will be announced soon: keep posted!
Sign up to be notified when the specifications are available:
2016 TESTBED OVERVIEW
Held on May 26, 2016, the Geo IoT World Indoor Location Testbed was managed by Grizzly Analytics, a well-know market expert in indoor location matters.
The 2016 Indoor Location Testbed evaluated ten solutions from eight companies crossing the spectrum of indoor location: BlooLoc (phone and tag solutions), GipsTech, Here (Bluetooth and Wi-Fi solutions), Indoo.rs, Lambda4, Movin, NexToMe and Senion. Most run on smartphones, but some use dedicated hardware. Many use beacons, but some are infrastructure-free or use signals of opportunity.
– Four best performers are distinguished: two solutions were the top performers in the phone-based segment, one solution in the infrastructure-free segment and one solution in the dedicated hardware segment.
– Solutions delivered accuracy better than 4 meters after stabilization
– Several delivered accuracy below 2 meters
– Strength of the infrastructure-free segment, often thought to deliver much worse performance than beacon-based solutions
– Strength of SLAM and SLAM-like technologies
To read more about this report, or to purchase it on-line, click here.