In its third edition, Geo IoT World will explore further the power of location at the intersection of IoT and analytics.
The prospects for Geo IoT innovation are very exciting: by the end of 2020, approximately 5 billion IoT devices will be critically dependent on Geolocation data, and 10 billion will potentially include GeoData according to Machina Research.
High-Precision GNSS, BLE Beacons, Computer Vision, SLAM, UWB, LPWAN, 5G, NB-IoT… no less than 25 geo-aware technologies exist currently and each of them can increase the benefits of IoT. Knowing the location and the context of sensors and devices opens unlimited new use cases to enhance customers’ experience, improve service quality, reduce operational expenses and risks, etc. across every sector. Allied with the power of analytics, the “Big GeoData” is becoming central to most IoT scenarios.
Join our geo-aware innovators line-up: share the hottest trends, the most inspiring use cases and best practices for successful innovative location/tracking/navigation applications and services!
Key 2018 Geo IoT trends include:
– High-Precision GNSS: Next-gen satellite-based location is now available. Huge opportunities ahead for manufacturers up to mobile app developers
– Beacons: with 500 million beacons expected by 2021, a proximity industry has taken off, mainly in Retail and Marketing scenarios.
– Indoor Location: Computer Vision, VR, SLAM, UWB, LPWAN…Indoor location’s time has finally come, thanks to more accurate technologies, faster setup and configuration solution.
– Asset Tracking: In multiple sectors, localizing and tracking mobile assets create unlimited productivity and business opportunities.
– Location Intelligence: the full potential of GeoData is now addressed in multiple industries. New use cases are booming by monetizing the massive historical and real-time datasets of location points (devices, people, vehicles…) and leveraging AI possibilities.
– LPWA (Low-Power Wide-Area) networks: the wave keep flowing, allowing a true mass-market for low-cost long-range geo-aware IoT scenarios, including “disposable IoT”
– UWB (Ultra-wideband) radio technology offers great opportunities to deploy high-accuracy low-cost indoor location in a broad range of applications.
The program will encompass 10-12 topics in two parallel conference tracks.
The Program Committee will select 70 presentations from IoT/geolocation/analytics Industries and Verticals addressing the following topics and any other issue/topic that presenters feel qualified to address.
INDOOR and OUTDOOR REAL-TIME LOCATION, TRACKING & NAVIGATION based on:
New / Hybrid MAPPING & NAVIGATION Technologies
CLOUD COMPUTING architectures and platforms supporting Geo IoT
We welcome case studies of commercial and non-commercial applications, including DIY projects, where location and context are key. The sectors addressed include but are not limited to:
RETAIL & MARKETING: Proximity marketing, geo-targeting, context awareness and services, online and offline marketing convergence, etc.
INDUSTRY: Asset tracking, fleet management, workforce management, supply chain control, shelf stock rotation, etc.
AUTOMOTIVE: Geolocation for connected vehicles, route-planning and fleet management, personalized travel & guidance systems, automated driving, vehicle insurance, etc.
SMART CITY: Public transport and traffic management, parking management, navigation and other RTLS in public buildings: hospitals, airports, stadiums, etc.
SMART HOME / e-HEALTH: Remote control appliances, intrusion detection systems, connected health, etc.
Standards & Regulation: Status and outlook of current standards initiatives at the intersection of geolocation and IoT: open and proprietary standards, interoperability issues and initiatives, etc.
Security & Privacy:
Please send your speaking proposals using the submission template.
Authors are invited to submit their proposals electronically to schanourdie(at)strategiestm.com.
If authors do not receive acknowledgment within 72 hours, they are kindly invited to contact directly schanourdie(at)strategiestm.com.
All speaking proposals must be original ones and should be informative and impartial. The Program Committee will reject commercially-oriented presentations.
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to authors on March 7, 2018
Authors of accepted presentations commit themselves to present their paper at the conference. In case of personal impediment, the speaking person should appoint the backup speaker.
Registration fee is included in the Platinum, & Gold & Silver sponsor packages for one speaker. Regular registration speaker’s registration rate is €550 excl. vat. Speaker registration gives access to Geo IoT World conference & proceedings, breaks and lunches, networking tool. Speakers’ travel and accommodation expenses are not covered by the organizers.
Proceedings of the conference will be available at the opening of the event. Clear instructions about the proceedings will be sent to the authors of accepted presentations.
The organizers commit themselves not to disseminate the presentations before the conferences.
Geo IoT will reward the most innovative products/applications newly launched. Do not miss this opportunity to put your innovation in the spotlight! The awards ceremony will take place on June 12, 2018. More